Pages

Friday, April 19, 2019

Cardmaking

I read a book about a Mennonite family that did card making along with other hobbies. The one girl said she wasn't as good as her sister or mother and told about how much they loved it. There was a reference to a Stampin' Up representative that gave her mother a catalog, so out of curiosity, I did a search on the net about card making and Stampin' Up. Wow! I found so much information and had no idea how much of an art making cards could be. I had stamps when I was younger, but never really knew how to use them.

I will have to say I went hog wild the next few months. I subscribed to card making kits and bought tools, inks, etc. I've since cancelled all the subscriptions except for 2 Stamp of the Month clubs and one subscription from CrateJoy. The subscriptions are a great way to start out with stamping. You can find many tutorials using those kits on YouTube and they include almost everything you need to make some gorgeous cards.

I needed a thank you card and Simon Says Stamp had a lovely card kit in January that made some great winter themed thank you's.



 I found this perfect and just in time for making and sending out my Christmas Thank You cards. I had a ball making them up! I used the stamps from the kit and instead of using the designer papers, I used watercolor brush markers for the background color. I also added snowflake and bottle cap sequins to give it a little sparkle.





I'm learning how versatile stamps and other embellishments can be. There are things I would have never thought of doing - like decorating on the inside of the card or using different types of embellishments to decorate. I'm learning to look at things differently.

No comments: