Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

January Socks are Finished



My January Socks for SAM7 are completed with a couple days to spare. I ended up making a few modifications to the pattern. I cast on 52 stitches and knitted these with a gauge of 7 stitches to the inch and added 1 purl per side on the sole of the foot. I also found that if I knit the last 1-2 rows of the toe, they made for a smoother graft.

Pattern: "Mom's Fast Florida Footies"
Designer: Lynn DT Hershberger
Yarn: Regia 6 Crazy Colors 5261

I'm really looking forward to February 1st, as I'm a member of the SKP 2009 International group and the first pattern is released then. According to a few members I spoke to that were part of it last year, each sock increases in difficulty, causing you to challenge and improve your knitting abilities. This sounds like it will be fun!

No comments: