Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2023

First Finish of 2023



I have had the pleasure of doing a test for a wonderful designer who goes by the name TheWoolenRose on Ravelry. Her designs are so feminine and to me, have a Victorian/Edwardian type flair to them. I tested her Edwardian Cowl in 2021 and fell in love with it so when I saw her new shawl available to test, I had to do it.

The shawl is not named yet, no is it live to purchase at the time of this posting. I used yarn out of my stash, a soft acrylic baby yarn. When I saw the shawl, I immediately thought of a new mom wearing the shawl and covering her baby with it while she held her precious bundle or taking it off and wrapping the baby in it. For this reason, something extremely soft and easy care was needed in my mind.

I had some "Bleu" Zeeman's SuperSoft in my stash and thought it was perfect and then for the border I used Herrschner's 2-ply Baby in "Eggshell". The pattern was easy and the finished shawl turned out large, lovely and so very, very soft. I used about 3.25 skeins of the SuperSoft and 1/2 skein of the Herrschner's.

This shawl was a lovely start to the new year. I have not decided where to home this shawl yet.

No comments: