Pages

Thursday, January 05, 2023

The Simple Simon Cowl



I had another finish yesterday: The Simple Simon Cowl  which is a free pattern designed by Hanna Illuzzi. I used a one of a kind (OOAK) hand-dyed 100% Merino worsted from Misfit Yarns that I purchased as a mystery yarn with no choice of color or weight but the $10 price tag made it appealing enough to try. The colorway is an off-white, black, grey with brown speckles.

I went looking to see what I could do with one skein of multicolored yarn and came across the Simple Simon Cowl and thought it would work nicely. I loved how the pattern turned out although I made it one pattern repeat taller by accident. I guess I was enjoying knitting the texture so much that I lost count. No matter - it works all the same. Taller is better than too short in my book. 

The cowl with my addition of one pattern repeat took only 192 yards of yarn and was knit on 4mm 24" circular needles. 

I love the yarn - it's so soft, but I wasn't totally in love with the brown speckles. After knitted, it looks like dirt spots on the cowl - like someone flung mud at you or you were naughty and was eating something chocolate and got it on the cowl. I guess that's why it made it in mystery yarn as a OOAK. One good thing is, I'll be more apt to wear it for every day instead of saving something this soft for going out in. 

There's always an upside!

No comments: