Thursday, August 20, 2026

Goal Met But I Fell Off the Wagon!

 

Just on blockers but not blocked yet.


The first of the Bad Batch socks is finished and I am very pleased with it! I followed the pattern as written with no changes and now I have a nice fitting sock. What would I change? Nothing. This is a free pattern and is written very well. In fact, it is written better than some of the paid for patterns I have purchased in the past! I'm very pleased! If it wasn't for the KAL starting soon, I would probably cast on the second sock.

I couldn't resist!

I have been on the Cold Sheep Wagon for over two years. For those that don't know what cold sheep is, it's refraining from buying or receiving ANY yarn. I was enjoying my stash and then... Yes, I found yarn that I couldn't pass up. I was at the ReStore with my husband looking for a desk. We didn't find one that worked in his space so we decided to see what awesome finds we might stumble upon. Well, there they were - 3 skeins of sock wool! I never expected to see them there, but they were and were priced well. I ended up paying $9 for all 3 skeins!

The Felici is a 50gm skein and has been discontinued as far as I know as is the Lindy Chain. I've used Felici before but have never tried the Lindy Chain (a linen/cotton blend) so I was happy to find that! The large green caked yarn looks like hand-dyed and is 100 grams. Yes, I fell off the wagon for these yarns (which were worth it to me) but I'm climbing right back on. 

No comments: