Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2005

A Little Knitting This Morning

I had a little time to get some knitting done this morning. I have succeeded in putting 2" on the Lion Brand Hooded Knit Sweater that I'm doing for DD. I would have gotten more done, but I thought I heard her up early, only to find out after packing it all up, that it was DH instead. So, I decided to be safe and work on the "Iowa Cruise Socks" for DS instead. I succeeded in getting a few rows in before having to tuck them away and get busy with life.

I have been reading some blogs, and I'm drooling over everyone's great purchases and yarn stashes. How on earth does one afford all those lovely yarns? They are so pretty, and I've fingered them at the LYS, but don't normally get to purchase any unless they are on sale - and when I say sale, I mean a steep discount type.

I'm going to have to start scouring places like eBay for the yarn for my sweater. Red Heart just doesn't appeal to me for that. If I remember correctly, there was a group that stitched the 3-2 Sweater, and they used coned chenille - oooooh! That sounds heavenly! I'll be putting it off until I find a good bargain, but the hunt will prove to be both challenging and fun :-)

No comments: