Socks & Bag Finishes
Finally, I have something to post. I finished felting, shaping and then putting grommets in my bag and actually got to use it this week. I still need to put a closure on it, but I'm looking for the "right" bead or other weight that will be exactly what I want. I'm now writing the pattern up, but not sure if anyone would actually want it. I am pleased with how it turned out. Next time I make it, I might add an I-cord around the top for a little more stability. Hubby thought it would be be taller after he saw how large it was when it went in. I used the Bartlett Yarn that I had in my stash. It took 3 times through the washer, and I could have possibly put it in again, but decided it was to my liking.
I bought the grommet pliers at JoAnn's and even though they work, I didn't like how they crimped the grommet. No matter how much I tried, it crimped off center, and made it look sloppy (to me). However, I don't think many people are going to be snooping in my bag to see the crimps. :)
I finished the first of the Gentleman's Plain Winter Socks and put it on DS. It was a great fit, EXCEPT he didn't like the toe. He said it crowded his toes too much. I tried to figure out a way to make them so they'd work, but nothing was satisfactory for DS. So.... I ended up frogging it back to the leg and did my normal heel and toe. So now, the only thing that's the Gentleman's sock is the cast on, number of stitches and the cuff pattern. The whole rest of the sock has been modified. He's happy with them now. Me - I LOVE the colorway!! And the Trekking held up to the frogging so much better than I thought it would.