Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

July Finishes

I know this really isn't a finish, but here's my BC Monthly Snappers. It shows my April and June completions. I'm now almost half way finished!

Scrappy Bathmat was a brain storm I had. I know it’s ugly, but it was needed and cheap to make :) I based it loosely on the rag rugs that my grandmother used to have all over the house.

There really is no pattern for this. I cast on 68 sts holding 2 strands together - 1 white and one of a scrap skein that was left over from making dishcloths. I just knit until it was the length I wanted, which ended up being 110 rows or 55 “bumps”. I throw this in the washer and then in the dryer. After coming out of the dryer, the rug measures 24 1/2 inches wide by 22” high.


Slippin' Stripin' Socks by Tina Lorin. Knit using Knit Picks Shadow in Jewels and Grape Jelly. These were the socks that knocked me out in Sock Madness2. After being knocked out, I set them aside to recuperate from all that "speed" knitting - only to let them sit for a lot longer than anticipated. This pattern produced a lovely pair of socks that are so cushy and wonderful to wear. I sent these to my aunt for Christmas and are knitted in her favorite colors.

No comments: