Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Last Finish of the Year


I put the last of the beads on Mill Hill's "Cheers" yesterday. I was going to finish into a magnet, but the more I thought about it, the more I came to the conclusion that a magnet would limit where I could put it. I have the felt for the back, but just need to decide if it will become a magnet or an ornament. Sadly my photo doesn't show all the sparkle that the beads give. There are a lot of beads on this - plus the snowflake charm at the top.

Today is my last day of purchasing cross stitch kits, etc. Tomorrow, I will be begin my journey of stitching only from stash. I am allowing myself  a couple of exception: the occasional thread, beads, etc. if it is needed for a project if I run out, supplies for turning my FOs into FFOs and my birthday. I've thought about adding Christmas in the mix as well, but I just may wait out the year. This will also extend into my other crafting as well. 

All my monthly subscriptions and Patreon memberships have been cancelled. There will still be a couple of goodies coming that have to be excluded from the "wagon". I have a 2 year subscription to Just Cross Stitch and I did a yearly payment for an auto ship of The Silver Needle's Secret Needle Night monthly kits. I'm also on the waitlist for The Silver Needle's Friends Stitching Circle, but it's not hopeful. Since I signed up well before I decided to hop on the Stitch from Stash wagon, if I get lucky and get picked up from the list, I will also have this as an exception. 

Next year should be a great year for stitching. I am excited to be able to stitch the things that I have fallen in love with but always put aside for something else. It's now time to fall in love with my stash again!

No comments: