Pages

Monday, December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe Christmas has already arrived. It's been a long year full of heartbreaking news of a loved one with terminal cancer and the near loss of my hubby. With all this going on, it seems that Christmas has snuck up on me - even though I've been trying to prepare for it.

To be honest, my heart's not in it. Gift purchasing seemed like more of a chore than anything. I had a hard time with Christmas carols this year because I could see and hear my Mom singing and dancing around the kitchen as she was helping us decorate cookies. It made me miss her so much. Quite a surprise, as she's been gone for 28-1/2 years. I don't know why it hit so hard now.

My daughter lives on the other coast so we don't get to celebrate with her. My son arranged for a family Zoom where we will all be opening our presents together. I miss her as well, but have settled in with the idea that she won't be coming home. She loves it where she is. Sadly, we haven't seen her in person in more than two years. We had plans of visiting her his past summer, but plans changed drastically with hubby's emergency surgery. He's still on the road to recovery, so we'll play it by ear.

I wish you a happy and healthy Christmas. May it be full of family, friends, love and good food. (hey - nothing better than a good home cooked Christmas dinner!)



No comments: