Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Mill Hill Cheers WIP

I've decided to try a small Mill Hill kit called "Cheers". I've hear so many people seem to really like them. I was browsing Amazon when I came across this kit on sale for about $6 shipped. It's been years since I've done anything by Mill Hill and the ones I did years ago were larger. 

I've wasn't sure I liked working on the perforated paper at first. Being small, I kept catching the floss on the paper edges and corners. I'm getting better and am now finding more enjoyable and even a bit fun. I liked the instructions of drawing on the back to find the center. It made things so much easier! I also printed out a copy of the pattern and am coloring in as I go. It will make it so much easier to add the beads at the end. The way I'm going, I'll easily be finishing this before New Year's Eve. This will probably be my last finish of the year.

One thing I'm finding is my stitching isn't as neat with using 3 strands vs the 2 I'm used to using. I haven't been able to figure out how to make it look nicer. Maybe with more practice? With that said, I've picked up a couple more Mill Hill kits for future stitching. I'm looking forward to making more!

No comments: