It's Been A Long Time...
I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted anything worthwhile. It seems like every day has been as busy as the last. I've been telling myself, I don't have time today, but tomorrow I'll have more time and I'll write. Yah - that sure worked, didn't it?!
I will be posting all my back finishes that haven't hit the page since my last real posting.
I finished the Feather & Fan Socks just in time for DD to wear for Halloween. She loves them, and the Palette yarn seems to be holding up so far. She says they are comfortable and wants me to make more. I am very pleased with how they turned out and even more pleased with the reception! Finished October 30th
Next up is a cross stitch finish. (Oct. 20th) This was from the April 2004 issue of Cross Country Stitching called Plain & Simple. I ordered the hanger from my LNS on Oct 21st, but found just found out just bit ago that it's not availabe any longer. Interesting that I can get it from JJ myself, but my shop can't get it. It was to be a gift for a friend, but it was a day before it was to be sent out when my LNS called and told me they couldn't get it. That could have been fixed, but she never ordered the buttons for it - until I told her to forget about it. Now they are supposed to be here in the next few days! Grumble...
As for the details, these Shaker girls were stitched on a pillow cut of Fireside Afghan in beige and cranberry. It was stitched using the recommended threads however I left the "floor" out that the girls were standing on.
I joined in on a SAL with a group from Dragonfly Stitches. A pattern for a very pretty ornament was offered, and it just called to me to do. It was a nice quick stitch! I stitched this on 14 ct. white aida and used Vikki Clayton 6-strand silks in Dragon Hoard and Purple and Mill Hill Glass Seed Beads in 00252. The beads were optional and I was very pleased with how they added just the right sparkle. Completed November 6th.
And now I have a great happy dance to report. It doesn't look like a whole lot, but it is the last of the Lizzie Kate Flip-It series. I have finally completed the whole set. I hang one a month above my kitchen sink - using only one frame and changing the piece each month. I got the idea from the bulletin board that was offered by Lizzie Kate (at least I think it was) where you changed the design each month on the board. It make storage so nice - because my stack of stitching doesn't take much room at all. Finished November 11th.
This lovely kit was a gift sent to me from Despina. (Thank you my friend!) It is by CrossStitcher and came complete with printed card & envelope. It is stitched with 16ct. aida using the floss that was supplied with the kit. I love this card, as the cat looks just like ours, and is even more fitting because she's a great mouser.
Well, that's enough for tonight's postings. More to come!