Pages

Friday, June 23, 2006

Another 2 finishes

Aragorn is finally finished. Nothing else got in the way - no obligation stitching, no family demands, nothing. It was just me and Aragorn until the end.

Here he is, stitched on 32ct. Autumn Fields hand-dyed Belfast Linen:


Now, to find the perfect frame. I think I'm going to look for something rustic but ornate. Then again, maybe not. Maybe I should be looking for something more "Manly" - something that fits Aragorn's personality.




Another finish for me this week was Stefani Martin's "Covered Bridge Spring". I'm not pleased with the backstitching. There's a lot of grass stitched, but you can't see it! You can see it here and there, but not nearly as much as I put in. I should change the color to another shade, but I'm not pulling it out and wasting any more time on this piece. It's finished and it will do. It doesn't look bad the way it is, but I would have liked the grass to show up more.



Now, on to L&L's 2002 Christmas Freebie . I'm hoping to finish it by Monday.

No comments: