Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The weather has been so nice these past few days. Temps in the high 70's to low 80's have made the flowers bloom and the grass green. We planted a few things in the garden and now patiently wait for the first of the fresh veggies.

In the Socktopia group, we were given a sock pattern to make to inspire us to "Get off our Fannies". The are an athletic type sock with an arch support. The assignment was to knit them and then go out and do something - taking photos of them being worn during your chosen activity. So for your viewing pleasure....

Here's Fanny!!!!

First thing in the morning - a picture in the rising sun light....

Fanny for April

Here's a better picture of the more true colors of Fanny. They were knitted in Knit Pick's Dancing (now discontinued). Posing with the sock is our dog - enjoying the foot rub he was receiving...

Fanny-1

Here we go - off for a lovely hike. The weather was perfect!!

Fanny-2
Fanny-3
Fanny-4

Now on the needles are a pair of socks for my DS. He wants 7 pairs of "cool" socks for camp. These will make pair number 5. Pics to come shortly.

On Friday, we went to JoAnn's Fabric. What I assumed would be a 1 hour trip at the most, ended up being more than double. We went in with lists, knowing exactly what we would be buying. Ummmmm - until we tried matching up colors for DD's placemats and napkin set that she needs to do for home ec. What fun trying to pick 6 coordinating fabrics. I didn't realize quilting could be so exhausting!

After coming home more than $125 poorer, we had all the materials we needed to do her placemat/napkin set, her oven mitt, her dress for the summer camp party, 29 patterns, my Sunbonnet Girl potholder, muslin for redwork, gingham for the kitchen curtains, large check/gingham for a new tablecloth, and some miscellaneous items. Everything was at least 30% off. Most were 50% off except for patterns. They were 99 cents each.

I found a lovely McCall's pattern for a vintage embroidery set. It contains directions for a dresser scarf, two sizes of keepsake pouches, and two sizes of pillows with scarfs. I was a little disappointed as the embroidery didn't come as a transfer - but one that you need to transfer yourself. Maybe there will be less room for mistake this way, as I won't get the pattern crooked :)

I finally bought my Clover thread cutter. I wanted it to use for a closure for my felted bag, but it's just so pretty... I am now debating if I want to use it for that, or make it into a necklace that is actually useful. :) I found it in the quilting notions at JoAnn's at 50% off. Q-Snaps were there as well, and it was difficult to pass them up, but I need another set like I need a hole in the head.

3 comments:

Karin said...

I love the socks! The colour is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I love those socks - I keep coming back here to look at them. That's definitely an idea I want to remember. I think I'd want a slightly longer leg though :)

Sandy B said...

I love the socks. I like wearing ready made ones shaped like that, so glad to see a knit pattern for some! I just knitted my first pair of socks and love how they turned out. Really enjoy seeing yours vintage finds...I'm 'getting into' things like that again. Yes...something very comforting about them. They are the 'happy place' that Peter Pan talked about, lol!