Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

Out With The Old....

Just a few more hours, and 2007 will just be a memory. This week has been a time for reflection and the excitement of new hopes and dreams. I didn't get as much stitching done as I wanted, but did succeed to have a good garden and was happy with all we put up for this winter.

My stitching "dream" list for 2007 looked like this at the beginning of the year:

1. Bent Creek - Monthly Snappers - January - nope
2. Kats by Kelly Monthy Minis - February - finished
3. HoHRH - House #7 - nope
4. Pam Kellogg - Winterlude - finished
5. Marquoir Story - Part 4 - added to
6. Pam Kellogg - Cinnamon Bear - added to
7. Wizzers - Birdhouse Windchime - finished
8. Breast Cancer fund – From the Heart Needle Roll - added to and almost finished!
9. Diane Arthurs – Happy Everything - added to
10. House Mouse – Apple Seeds - finished
11. Pat Rogers – Hearts & Lace Sampler - nope
12. SanMan Originals - Blooms - added to
13. Sweetheart Tree – Jan. Needle Roll (needs some frogging) - nope
14. Sweetheart Tree – Teenie Tweenies – Spring Has Sprung - nope
15. Teresa Wentzler – Stretch - nope
16. HIH Monthly Mania - February - finished
17. The Drawn Thread - Winter Spot - added to
18. Mirabilia - 1996 Holiday Cherub - finished

(colored comments are what I ended up doing to the list)

My Finished list for the year ended up looking like this:

1. PK - Winterlude..W
2. tss - Sunflower Welcome..W
3. Mirabilia - 1996 Cherub freebie..W
4. SMO - Sunflower Blackwork..N
5. House Mouse - Appleseeds..W
6. 2 Dishcloths
.....Grammy's Favorite..W
.....DW Darrell Waltrip..N
7. 2 Dishcloths
.....Piece of My Heart..N
.....LOVE..N
8. Iowa Cruise Socks for DH..W
9. 2 Dishcloths & Scrubbie
.....Feb. KAL..N
.....4-Corners Dishcloth..N
.....Circular Scrubbie..N
10. Kool-Aid Socks..W
11. UGLY Opal Socks for DS..N
12. Felted Bag..N
13. Trekking 104 Socks..N
14. Hot Socks..N
15. Eleanor Socks..N
16. DOW Dishtowel..W
17. Fair Isle Socks..N
18. 2 Dishcloths
.....Hummingbird Dishcloth..N
.....Garterlace Dishcloth..N
19. Fanny Socks..N
20. Trekking Socks 128..N
21. LHN Season of Hope..N
22. PS Spring Ornament..N
23. DGB Confetti Socks..N
24. Hot Socks #923..N
25. CC KBK - I Love Mew..N
26. Spring Tulip Card..N
27. Wizzers Birdhouse Windchime..W
28. DD's Footies..N
29. DS's Hunting Socks..N
30. 2 Test cloths - DBE..N
31. 2 Dishcloths
.....Test Cloth DBE..N
.....Multi Diagonal..N
32. Dishcloth set finished..N
.....Woozy cloth
.....dish scrubbie
33. PK Fluffy Puppy..N
34. SH Flurries.....N
35. PS Summer Ornament..N
36. HS Letter Snow!..W
37. HM A Mother's Work..N
38. HIH Monthly Mania February..W

All in all, I'm pleased to have taken some of my WIPs off the list. I started with 47 XS WIPs at the beginning of the year. I had 16 finishes - 9 of them new. I had 8 WIP finishes. This year, I was close to killing off the same amount of WIPs as new starts. This is definitely an improvement from my past. I'm looking forward to a better record next year :)

Now, for my last finishes of the year....

A Mother's Work by House-Mouse Designs. All I need to do is wash and sew up the banner.


And my last finish of 2007 is Heart-In-Hand's Monthly Mania - February. I had started this a couple of years ago, and then put it aside to stitch a model. I never got back to it until just a couple of days ago. It's stitched on 32 count mystery evenweave (purchased in a small cuts grab bag).


Wishing everyone a happy and safe end to 2007. Cheers!

No comments: