Pages

Monday, January 03, 2005

First Finish for 2005 and Updated WIP

Ohhh, pooh! It appears that the QOTW will no longer be. Jennie has received some "snarky" comments and I can imagine that it just isn't worth the hassel any more. Nasty comments on something when you've been sacrificing time to keep it going, and really pull you down and make you not want to do it any more. I don't think people understand how much time it takes to organize and run things. sigh....

uh-oh! My WIP totals went up a bit :-) I've added 2 mystery samplers and a small kit by Pamela Kellogg to my rotation. I love Mystery samplers and joined in on Pam's "Cupid's Garden" before I got the model assignment. The other one, is Curtis Boehringer's "Needlewoman's Murder Mystery". I've had that in stash for a couple of years, and decided this year would be the year to do it. So, to force my hand, I got the fabric and put about 150 stitches in it. The Alter Echo Sampler has been posted, and as much as I want to do this one, I'll have to wait. It looks really neat, and the coolest part is, the verse has been charted in both French and English this time! I've decided on the fabric already. I dug though my stash and picked a lilac fiddler's cloth type aida. Actually it was about the only fabric I had that was large enough for it.

My first FO of 2005 was a must stitch as soon as I saw it. It comes from World of Cross Stitching Magazine #84 and was done on white aida.



Now if only DH would take a hint or two from it :-9

I also finished part 2 of Marquoir Story




I now have part 3 printed out for the next time it comes up in my rotation. It's a fun stitch an may be bumped up in front of some other pieces.

No comments: