Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Has it been that long?!!

Amazing! I can't believe it's been so long since my last update. WOW! I guess that old saying of "Time flies when you're having fun" applies here :-)

I've been stitching my little heart out - putting things into rotation and actually seeing things getting done this year.

My first update is Kustom Krafts "Fire & Ice". I'm stitching it on 18 ct. black aida, and although it really looks cool, black isn't the easiest to work on. I purchased a "tap" light and put that on my lap under the fabric, which makes it much easier to stitch on. Here's my last scan. It's the horse's left side of his face from about his eye down to the nostril:



Next update is L&L's "Angel Sampler". I've finally passed the half way point!!! Sadly the picture doesn't do justice to the colors of the threads and the fabric is a bit darker. It is really quite pretty in person.



Update #3: "Noah's Ark" by Heart's Delight. This was a kit I purchased when DS was a baby and was intended for his room- ummmm - he's 13 now. Guess I didn't make it. :-) Ah well, it's getting done anyway. It really is a cute design, and has been an easy stitch so far. There's a ton of back stitching, but as soon as I get the top x-stitching finished, I'm going to do a little of it. Will make it a lot less "painful".



Update #4 is Crossed Wing Collection's "Hummingbird Garden". I love this design and am looking forward to a finish this year! The thing I love about it the most, is watching the plants come to life - going from a bunch of green x's to a plant! It never ceases to amaze me when this happens!! I'm using 28ct. True Colors Sponged Backgrounds in lt. blue/white for the fabric:



#5 is my most recent updated WIP byt Pitter Patterns/House-mouse Designs. It's called "Appleseeds" and is from the "Appleseeds & Applesauce" leaflet. I'm stitching it on 14 ct. ecru aida. I love House-Mouse Designs, and this is one of the set of patterns that DH bought me for my birthday (so it is very special, as he NEVER buys me XS stuff!!!). This is another I'm planning for a finish for this year.



Right now, I'm working on a model, so there won't be any stitching on my own stuff until about Monday. I should have that back in the mail on Monday, and then back to my own stitching. It has been a really fun stitch, and I can't wait to get permission to post it, as it's a beautiful piece.

I'll have about a week's break, and another model should be here to work on. I'm looking forward to that one as well, as the description sounds neat and something I'm really going to enjoy stitching.

Well, must be off and making dinner - or everyone here will die of hunger if I'm 15 minutes late! LOL

No comments: