Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Flu Came to Visit and Finally LEFT!

DD came home from camp with an upset stomachache and headache, and that should have been my first clue. Nah - I figured it was just from all the excitement and being up late and all that stuff that comes along with having a great time at camp. wrong

DD felt better after a good long rest, but DS came down with what appeared to be a stomache virus, then I got it, then DD came down with it severely. I felt so badly for her, especially when it seemed like things would calm down and then she'd be back up sick again. Sometimes it was every 15 minutes. Finally after more than 10 hours she got her first sign of peace and recovery. Everyone is still not 100%, but today has been the best day yet since all have been sick.

Not much stitching went on during the last week or so. I did manage to get a LK finish - nothing big, but something I wanted to make for DS for a while now. It's from the Dog Lover's pattern:



It is stitched on 16ct. Blue Heatherfield, and I'm not really impressed with how it turned out. I'm going to make it into a pillow something like what it pictured on the cover of the leaflet.

I'm also a bit further on "Moonlit Play". The sky is finished except for the French knot stars, and I'm now on the second dolphin's tail.




I was sitting and working on it this morning, when my light seemed to be terribly close to the fabric, so I pushed it back up, and this time it came down rather quickly, so I moved the light up again,and the arm broke off!!! DAMN!!! I NEED that light!!!



As you can see, it broke at the base where it swivels (it was one of those clamp on desk lights) so being plastic and holding a lot of weight, there's no easy way to fix it (if at all!). We'll just have to see what my ingenious husband can come up with tonight when he gets home. If he can make an outdoor boiler out of 2 oil tanks, he should be able to fix this one, wouldn't you think?

No comments: