Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2004

I really need to keep personal stuff out of this blog - as I created this as an escape and to keep a journal of my stitching, knitting, crocheting, etc. I need an outlet for my "creative" side (ok, well creative with someone else's help in pattern form - LOL) and an escape from life, because life isn't always the best thing to write about.

So without futher blabbing, on to better things.....

My CIC socks are sitting and staring at me and making me feel guilty that I'm ignoring them. I should have never picked them up :) Our weather here has turned hot and muggy - promoting thunderstorms every late afternoon and evening. With no air conditioning, my hands get sweaty awfully fast when I knit, so I won't touch them until I'm either in air conditioning or when it cools down.

I had a small finish today. I'm one of those people who like to comb yard sales and the sales sections to look for cool frames. If they are a great deal and are cute, I'll buy them. At the time I don't have a clue with what I'll do with them, but along comes a project that is just perfect for them. This is one of them:



This was taken from the June 2004 issue of Stoney Creek Mag., and was designed for their specialty frames. The size was just perfect for a very small frame I found a while ago. It's only 1"x1-1/2" and fits perfectly when stitched on 18 ct. Damask. I'm really pleased with it, but my scanner just doesn't like the shine to the fabric. Actually, I don't think my scanner likes much when it comes to needlework. But, hey - the price was right when we got it.

What a wonderful trip to the mailbox I had today! I found an envelope containing an UFO that I adopted from Annette of the TWRBB!! It's a beautiful TW called "Under the Evergreen". I've had this pattern in my stash and have wanted to do it for a while, but like everything else, it was never started, because I always seem to get caught up in committment stitching, and not much with what I like. Since this is already started, it HAS to go in my rotation stitching!!!

Here's a pic of what Annette sent:



Thank you so much, Annette!!!! :-)

No comments: