Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Thursday Already?

They removed Dad's leg on Tuesday, and he's not doing well with the reality of it gone. He's not eating much, so to entice him, I took a Happy Meal in for him. He LOVES McD's cheeseburgers and fries, but he really didn't touch it. A couple of fries were chewed and spit out and that was the end of it. I don't know if they told him he would be put into a nursing home for rehab/therapy or not. Dad is 79 and from the old school, so when he finds out about the nursing home, he's going to assume it's forever and we're dumping him there. We have all been discussing this between us (all the children), but there's nothing else we can do with the extent of the therapy he will need and they won't keep him in the hospital for it.

I haven't really been online at all, as we need to keep the phone line open for the doctor to check in with us as well as other family members. My one aunt - whom I never seen - made a huge deal of me being online one day when I got on to work on my online classes. I think I was on about an hour to an hour and a half and she made a large scene at the hospital about my irresponsibility of being on the computer and tying up the line when my father is ill. Since then, I really haven't been on except the early hours and late at night - but feel guilty even then. I need about 12 hours a week to do my classes, and I haven't been doing that. I'm behind and will probably lose my certificate now. I have less than 2 weeks to go, and I don't know if I'll be able to catch up. Oh well - it's no biggie, but it's frustrating that I get reprimanded like a child, and buy an aunt I haven't seen in years.

So, anyhow - I need to get off this, and on to more relaxing things...

Knitting. Yes, you saw it in print, I did some knitting. LOL I took a CIC sock with me to work on through the operation. It's much more portable than XS and as long as I don't have to count and just do straight knitting I was great. We could sit and visit, and the knitting kept me busy enough not to worry too much. I made it to the turning of the heel, and decided that's as far as I should go then. I'll get that turned and then let it sit to do more straight knitting when they operate on Dad's other leg in the near future. I tried to work on DH's sock, but ended up dropping a stitch, and for the life of me, I couldn't pick it up! Guess the stress of the operation was enough to keep me from getting that bugger. Dropped stitches and stressful situations don't go together for me. No count, calming straight knitting is more my style then.

I've been working on some old WIPS out of my XS box this year - and am happy to report a finish of 10 old WIPs/UFOs with another almost done. I'm having a great time working on them and it feels good to get them done finally! I won't own how many more I need to go, though. At least, not yet :-) I'm not only sticking to just those in the box, but am also doing whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it. My latest finish is a Just Nan called Beaded Rose. I found the frame at Walmart, and it's exactly like the frame pictured on the cover of the leaflet! The only difference is, the one on the leaflet cover is $19 more!!!! Here it is framed:



On that note, I must get off line - as it's getting to that time when the Dr. calls.

SEIZE THE DAY!!!

No comments: