Pages

Monday, January 07, 2008

A Great Weekend to Finish Things



It was a good weekend. One that I actually pulled out the sewing machine and did finished a couple of things. Usually, I finish stitching, and then the item goes into a box to be a someday project - when the sewing machine comes out or I've found a couple of nice frames on sale.



First I have a stitching finish for Friday. I finally finished stitching "From the Heart" needle roll. It only took me 8 years from start to finish :) (Hey - I had a lot of good excuses!)


I was so ambitious, that I even finished it into a roll.



While the sewing machine was out, I decided to finish my House-Mouse piece. "A Mother's Work" is now up and hanging in my living room:







(Please excuse my photo - the piece is not really hanging crooked, it's the photographer LOL).

New Focus Piece

I had to pull a new piece out of my WIP box to make as my focus piece. Already two off the list. If I keep going like this, I will be able to knock the list to the lowest it's been in years. I feel like I'm getting more in control with each piece that I finish.

My new focus piece is called "Wolf Portrait" by Dimensions and is being stitched on 14 ct. black Davosa. When I purchased it, I didn't realize there was a sheen to the black as well as the obvious design - looking a bit like huck weave. I started the design on it, to find I didn't care for the Davosa, but instead of frogging/tossing, I've decided to finish it and see if it's really as bad as I had thought. This is where it stands as of this morning:


All my WIP's and UFO's seem to have a reason why they have sat in the box so long. From being set aside because of receiving a model, to really hating stitching a piece, to a change in recipients - like no one wanting it after it's been started. Every one has a little story of why it has taken so long to be finished. I wonder how many others have a box of stories?

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I used to cross stitch before I learned to crochet. I don't think I've stitched anything since. Watching you complete all these WIPs is making me really want to start again though. :)

Carmen said...

you stitch in black fabric! oh youar so brave,,ia can stitch in black,i can´t see anything :(.

yor finish of mouse are so beautifull, and the needleroll very elegant.

Dawn T. said...

Your needleroll is beautiful! I love how you finished the mouse:)