Pages

Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


We brought the new year in quietly.... playing Mario Kart on the Wii until 11:45, then watched Dick Clark bring 2009 in with a glass of sparkling grape juice. Then off to bed we all went. Another year gone, and another full of new promises has arrived.

Today was spent baking scones for breakfast, and then making pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes for dinner. yummmmm! We've got enough for dinner tomorrow and then it's gone. I've taken some time to make a list of things I'd like to accomplish this year, but not resolutions. These are just things I'd like to do, but if I don't, I'm not going to punish myself. That's what I hate about resolutions - I always feel guilty making them because they are usually so hard that I'm bound to fail.

I dug out last year's list, and was quite pleasantly surprised to find that I had actually accomplished more than I thought. Way cool!! Some things that weren't done got shifted to this year's list, but not as many as I thought I would have to.

I've been struggling with not purchasing any new cross stitch stash or any new yarns. It's been a long time since I've purchased any, and knowing some of the stores are having great sales has been making things even harder. I didn't get any $ or stash for Christmas this year, so I'm going through some severe withdrawls. LOL!!!

I pulled out the old issue of the Cross Stitcher magazine that had Captain Jack in it (the one I bought to make for my DD). Anyhow, it had a cute little kit that came with it that has a bear sitting on a rooftop. Well, I had tried, when I purchased the magazine, to separate the threads - and had to put it aside because there were no reference numbers and just names. I didn't even know what brand the threads were, so I couldn't really reference anything. Anyhow, some of those colors were so dang close - and indication of how many lengths of thread went with what color - so I went pretty much blind trying to figure it out. At that time, I packed it all back up and put it away. Today it came back out and all of us sat in the sunlight and FINALLY figured the colors out, but they don't match the model or the photograph on the front of the kit. But we're pretty sure it's correct. Hey - it's going to be anyhow.

Have a wonderful new year! May it be full of blessings and good health.

No comments: