Pages

Friday, June 14, 2019

Shell Beanie Makes Three

Honestly, I'm surprised how quickly these crocheted hats are working up. I guess I've been knitting for so long, that I forgot why I used to crochet instead of knit. Knitting takes a much longer amount of time to get the size hat and you won't get the distinctive look of a crocheted item. Crocheting, on the other hand, can replicate the look of knitting, however, it will be heavier.

This hat was made using Breann's Shell Beanie pattern from last year's CAL. I used a 5.5 mm (I) hook and Caron's Simply Soft in Sky Blue and obtained a gauge of 6.75 stitches and 4 rows to 2". I did find that I had a tendency to make the shell area a bit tighter, until it clicked in my brain that I'm working in the round and not flat. Once I figured that out, I was ok. I have no idea what the difference was - but hey - whatever works! My hat fits an adult woman (adult medium).

This makes hat #3 to donate.

No comments: