Pages

Friday, June 21, 2019

Test Knitting Dishcloth

Ravelry... a great place for inspiration and a lovely community of people who love the same hobbies you do. I spend way too much time there but it's much cheaper than therapy! LOL

While cruising the boards, I came across a nice quick test knit opportunity. It was for a beginner dish cloth. With my friend, Peggy, always wanting me to make her dish cloths, I could "kill two birds with one stone" by testing the pattern and at the same time, making Peggy another cloth.

The Checkered Blocks Dishcloth is designed by Angela Childress and is a teaching pattern for beginners. It is very detailed, included a practice swatch and even has a place for your notes. This is definitely perfect for teaching someone how to knit a useful item. This free pattern will be released on 7/1/2019.

I made my sample using Lily Sugar 'n Cream Scents in the Chamomile colorway. The pattern was not only easy, but made a nice size cloth of about 8" x 8". This is the first time I've used Lily Sugar 'n Cream Scents and honestly, for the price and yardage difference, it's not worth it. There was a slight scent but nothing really noticeable. When I picked up the yarn, I was getting different colors and never even noticed this was a "Scents" and not straight up Sugar 'n Cream.

No comments: