Pages

Friday, December 17, 2004

A Small Finish and A Pending Model

Question of the Week:
Obligation Stitching: Yes? No? Maybe?

Always! I love doing round robins and exchanges, and I seem to always look for stitching to do as a gift for someone dear to me. I've done model stitching on and off for a good 10 years now, starting out with the LNS's, and branching out into some major designers. I have a model that is on it's way right now, and have been contacted by a designer to do a large piece. We are in negotiations about that one right now, as it will take quite a long time to do, and I'm not sure I'll be taking it yet. It will depend on the final details and the complexity of the design. I enjoy obligation stitching, but I've learned how to say no to prevent burn-out.

Have you looked at the wonderful free French designs that are available? I've found quite a few mysteries, and one that is called a puzzle mystery that looks really neat. The designer has you grid your fabric, and then gives a chart that is numbered like a map (ie: A1, B2, C3....) and then she posts 10 pieces of the "puzzle" that are numbered to tell what part of the grid it fits into. Really neat way to do a mystery!

While browsing the mysteries, I came across a nice design by Anne Les Petites Croix that I had to do. It's called "Carré Noël " and was a nice quick stitch.



There's a number of nice freebies on the site. Definately worth the look around!

No comments: