Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

THANK YOU!!!

I want to thank you all for your feedback on "Bluebird". I'll be pulling out the lettering and recentering it - but then again, I really love Ann's suggestion to add to it. I'm going to have to think on that a bit. You guys are such a great help and inspiration!

I have another small finish to claim for this year. I'm in the mood to do winter themed things, so The Trilogy's "Winter Spots" demanded that I stitch it.



I didn't have the Summer Khaki that the pattern called for, so I subbed with what I had in stash - 32ct. Parchment Jobelan. It's just a bit too light, but works. The primitives aren't normally my style, but I picked up some "cute" ones here and there, and for some reason, I'm really enjoying stitching them lately. I have LK's "Winter Sampler" and HIH's "Wee Winter" pulled to do soon. I'm now working on Passione Ricamo's freebie "Winter Postcard", and should have that done in a couple of days.

Today is UFO Tuesday, and you'll be happy to know I've dusted off my oldest UFO "North Woods Christmas" and am now going to be working on that every week. My goal is to put in 20 sts. every Tuesday. That is a very, very realistic goal, and normally when I put in that many, I continue on. It's one of those baiting methods for me. Twenty stitches is no sweat and I will do at least that many every week. But if I tell myself I'm going to put so many hours in, I avoid that project like the plague. (I'm a basket case, aren't I?!!) Here's a what it looks like now:



Look closely, as it won't be the same after today! LOL

As many of you know, I'm a collector of Paula Vaughan's leaflets. I'm so very, very close to having them all now. Today, the mailman brought me my lastest and probably most exciting find. I got "PV in Miniature" in a bunch of leaflets that were posted on ebay. I received a bunch of charts, hoops, kits, and the PV book for an enormous bid of $9.99!!!! That leaflet was one of those I had written off because it always went out of reach. Imagine my total delight when I found it in this lot of XS! The amazing part is, the booklet looks like it was never even opened. It is yellowed with age, but has that crisp feeling when you open up a new leaflet! That was the last OOP that I needed. I have only 3 more to purchase to make the collection complete. DH has those 3 on a list of things I gave him that I wanted for Christmas, so maybe....

Again, a huge thank you to all of you - your help was such an inspiration, and just what I needed!!!

No comments: