Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Another Christmas is gone

We had a wonderful Christmas and I got lots of nice presents, including a BAP called "The Baby" by Harrison Fisher from Marri. It's from The Cross Stitch Pattern Gallery The kids were pleased with everything they got, and DS is enjoying one of his now. He got his wish and is now at Winter Retreat. DD goes next month, and she can't wait!

I keep wondering where the time goes. Already, another Christmas has gone, and we are heading for a new year. This week is a time for lots of reflection for me. I look at all that has been done, what should have been done, and what could have been done. Then I look forward to what I want to do. A new year with new goals.

I completed my two gifts for the kids. DD's bookmark was finished in plenty of time, and it's a good thing, too, because I came across a mug insert I was doing for DS and needed to squeeze that in as well.

Here is the finished Autumn Kitten Bookmark by Artecy:



And here is the finished mug insert for DS. It's called Pay the Pipers by Jeanette Crews Designs:



I really thought I was keeping good records of what I had started, wanted to start and where my stash was, until I found some WIPS that I forgot I had. OK, I'm not as together as I thought, and I'm really deluding myself that I can keep everything together. So, I've decided to take the 50 project challenge and wipe out some of my stash and wips.

So here's the start of my 50 Project Challenge that will begin on New Year's Day....

Exceptions for me will be:
1. gift certificates for stash
2. threads or beads (if I run out) to complete something
3. Silkweaver's FoM that DH got for me. If I unsub, I won't be able to get this offer again as Tracey discontinued it.
4. Possible fabric purchase to stitch the BAP that Marri got me. (Thanks Marri!!!)

I've decided to start a list of the finishes I'd like to accomplish in 2007.....

1. Bent Creek - Monthly Snappers - January
2. Kats by Kelly Monthy Minis - February
3. HoHRH - House #7
4. Pam Kellogg - Winterlude
5. Marquoir Story - Part 4
6. Pam Kellogg - Cinnamon Bear
7. Wizzers - Birdhouse Windchime
8. Breast Cancer fund – From the Heart Needle Roll
9. Diane Arthurs – Happy Everything
10. House Mouse – Apple Seeds
11. Pat Rogers – Hearts & Lace Sampler
12. SanMan Originals - Blooms
13. Sweetheart Tree – Jan. Needle Roll (needs some frogging)
14. Sweetheart Tree – Teenie Tweenies – Spring Has Sprung
15. Teresa Wentzler – Stretch
16. HIH Monthly Mania - February
17. The Drawn Thread - Winter Spot
18. Mirabilia - 1996 Holiday Cherub

No comments: