Pages

Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday Musings




DD is reading the 5th Harry Potter book, again. She's getting ready for the next book, which was shipped on Tuesday (according to Amazon), so it should be here pretty soon. I guess I'm not as much of a HP fan as those that stood in line at midnight, since I bought it from the cheapest place I could find it, meaning that I'd probably have it a week later. Eight bucks for gas, sales tax and the price of the book (even with the discount) put it at almost $30 - vs the $18 I paid for it at Amazon. To get free shipping I had to order another book, but that wasn't hard, as I needed a book for the kids' lessons, so it all worked in very well. It's just waiting now.... DD haunts the mailbox and terrorizes the mailman :-)

With her up all hours of the night reading her HP book, I haven't been able to work on her sweater. She's one of those silent "cat" types that can sneak up on you without you even knowing it. I have just under a month to finish it in time for her birthday, so I'm not too concerned at this point.

I started a test pattern tonight for Kat's Moebius Neck Ring. I just fell in love with it, and volunteered to test her pattern. I've never did a moebius before, so between that and her new-to-me technique, I'm enjoying learning, but am also bugging Kat for help. I hope she's not sorry for allowing me to test it!

An email from Berroco arrived this morning, and ohhhhh! I'm in love with their new yarn!




They also have a new book out Book #237 Cold Comfort that has a sweater that I just love - actually quite a few of them, but this one drew me like a magnet... Batwing style with the stripes running verticle - love it!


Then there's a new free pattern that is really interesting, but not sure it's for me yet. The longer I look at it, the more it grows on me.... It is a lot like the 3-2 Sweater I got from Jackie E-S, so it may end up in my wardrobe yet. It uses the new Foliage yarn.


No comments: