Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I Won! + WIPS

I went to check email this morning and found a wonderful note in my inbox stating I had won 2 charts that I had put my name in a drawing for!! I was so very happy and surprised, to say the least. As you can see, they are just so cute and adorable!!
I immediately sent my information, and hardly any time later, I received a note that said they are all packed up and ready to be sent. I can't wait to see them in person.

I must be on a lucky streak - these adorable charts this week and the Opal yarn a couple of weeks ago. Speaking of the Opal, it still hasn't arrived yet. I can't wait to see what color I'm getting, but it seems to be taking a long time getting from one coast to the other. I bet it's because there are so many knitters in the postal system, that they have to fondle it before it goes on :-)

This morning, I casted on DD's second F&F sock, and have finished 2 pattern repeats so far. Not a lot done, but some, all the same. Last night I sat and worked on a piece of XS that I had started some time ago and put aside. It's a small piece from Cross Country Stitching from their Shaker Afghan in the April 2004 issue called Plain & Simple. I'm doing just this one panel and making it into a wall hanging. I'm stitching it on the recommended Fireside Afghan - just the one square, and it is interesting to work on. So far, it is looking really nice.

We had our first frost overnight. It has been long overdue - by almost a month! No complaints though, as we got some of our garden in late, so everything made it. It was still sad to know that there will be no more fresh tomatoes until next year. The house has chilled down. It was 64 in here this morning, and I absolutely refused to turn the thermostat up. Instead, we made a nice hot breakfast of Apple Fritters and Hot Chocolate (from our homemade mix) and in no time everyone was nice and toasty. Tonight, we are having a nice smoked ham - so the oven is heating the house. As long as I keep cooking, we'll stay warm - until I break down and finally turn the heat on.

No comments: