Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Iowa Cruise FO, F & F Update + XS FO

Wahoo!!! DH's Iowa Cruise Socks are off the needles and all I need to do is weave in the ends today. They fit well and he likes the contrasting heel, toe, and stripes on the ribbing. I'm still amazed that he likes them enough to comment on the design. I didn't get the usual "they look like socks" comment.

DD's Feather & Fan Socks are coming along nicely. I'm very pleased with both the pattern and how well they are fitting DD. I have a little more to go before I do the toes and this one is finished and off the needles. She was so excited when she saw how far along the sock was - and asked if by some chance that they might be done by Halloween. :-)

I'm hoping that the Palette yarn will hold up to wear. It isn't as tightly spun as a regular sock yarn, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It knits up so nicely and the color is gorgeous plus it appears the cost of this sock will be knit for under $3 for the pair! That is comparable to Walmart's prices for acrylic socks!

October snuck up on me without being noticed. The calendars sat on September for quite a while before we noticed. Then I looked up above the sink where I keep my "gallery" of monthly pictures, and saw that there was no October! OOPS - forgot to get that one done, so I took some time to wip out the Lizzie Kate October Flip-it. I stitched it on an unknown color of a Fiddler's type 14-ct aida using the recommended threads. I don't like the hat - but I didn't want to take the time to fool with it - so just followed the chart instead of changing it. My intent was to remove the hat altogether and put something more fall-ish in it's place. So much for personalizing. :-)

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I will be waiting to hear how the Palette yarn holds up. What a price!

tweezle said...

I'll make sure to let you know as DD wears them. She says they feel so nice on. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!