Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Little Weathers - Chilly is finished!

What a cute little design this is. The kids have been teasing me that the reason I picked it was because that's how our home is going to be this year - chilly. You know how it is with those fuel prices and all. Aren't they just the sweetest things? LOL

The design was stitched on 14 ct. white aida using the recommended DMC colors but I changed the metallics to an unknown brand. It called for the DMC metallics, but I've had trouble with them tarnishing, so I used something I picked up at a sale a long time ago and they've held up wonderfully on everything I used them on (sure wish I knew what they were!). After stitching the igloo, I thought it looked just a bit too plain, so I did half cross stitches over top of the stitching with Kreinik BF 032. Then I back stitched - and it turned out just as I wanted it - sparkley enough to look like snow/ice. Now, just to sit down and finish it. I'm thinking about a tuck pillow, or maybe done like a large ornie to hang...

No comments: