Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

SNOW!

Last week the first frost, this week snow! How did that happen? :-) It was just gorgeous! The trees were heavy with snow and hanging really low because all the foliage hasn't fallen yet. We were a bit concerned about losing the utilities, but the snow turned to rain, and all we ended up with was a slushy mess. It did get colder last night so what little snow was left is still here. It all makes me want winter to get here even faster now!

Boy!! I'm so happy to have found the Paperback Swap . I have found knitting, crochet, and cross stitch books that I've had on my wish list for ages! Even though it says "paper back", all the books I have gotten have been hardbound so far. I'm so very, very pleased that I joined it! I just got notice yesterday that Barbara G. Walker's Knitting From the Top was listed and since it was on my wishlist there, I got first chance at it. I was so excited to finally have gotten it!!! Why didn't I join in the swap before?

Progress report:

I've been able to do some more stitching on Stefani Martin's Covered Bridge Spring .


I just turned the heel on the second Feather & Fan sock and picked up the gusset stitches. I'll need it just a bit quiet to do the decreases with the pattern repeats. I don't feel like frogging it. Today I'm just easily distracted for some reason. I guess I'll just blame it on the weather

We ordered oil today $2.16.9 a gallon. Ouch! It's more than doubled since last winter. Our outdoor boiler is on the fritz, so until that's fixed, we can't use it and are at the mercy of the oil company. I'm hoping it gets fixed soonly - I'm too tight to pay for my heat. Look at all that money that could have went to something useful like stash! :-)

No comments: