Pages

Thursday, July 13, 2006



Cool Air & Happy Mail Day!!

Life just can't get any better than this!! DH surprised us and installed 2 air conditioners for us last night!!!! It has been such a shock to our systems, especially being able to sleep and feeling just a bit chilly. Ahhhhh - life is sooooo good :-)

Then today, my Amazon.com order arrived 6 days earlier than they stated, so now I can finally join in on the Nancy Bush SAL's that I've been drooling over (see side bar). I know, I know.... I need to join in another SAL like I need another hole in my head. BUT those socks are soooo pretty!! So now "Knitting on the Road" and "Knitting Vintage Socks" are permanent members of my growing sock knitting library. I've thumbed through both books, but really want to sit down and read them, especially the Vintage Socks. There's a wonderful history at the beginning that HAS to be read, and will be tonight after the kids go to bed.

I ordered some Autumn Trekking for the Maple Leaf Sock SAL. I've seen some pictures of socks knitted using this color, and they look gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person, and I know that pictures never do the yarn justice. I've never used Trekking, so this is going to be a real treat to use a new yarn.

Sock Knitting Progress

I've been knitting both socks to try to get them done close to the same time for the kids. I've just started the heel flap on DD's sock, and have about 1-1/2" to go on DS's sock before I start his heel flap. I'll probably finish the flap on DD's then go back to DS's sock.

And this can all be done in a nice cool house. Life is soooooo good! :)

1 comment:

Karin said...

Cool air is wonderful, isn't it! I live in an area where it only gets hot enough to use an air conditioner about 5 days of the year, but then you really need one!