Pages

Friday, January 05, 2007

Cherub Update

I really need to get out of the mindset of rotating for a while. I did the black on the cherub, and wanted to go onto something else. Can I claim Adult ADD? ;) What I found even harder was not starting something new. I have a list of things I want to stitch, but am not going to start anything until I wipe out some of my WIP's. I really have to do that, since my stitching projects have gotten out of control.

How did it happen? Really quite innocently. I would be stitching away on something, then a model would come through that needed stitched or a present for someone needed done, and I'd put that piece aside and work on the obligatory piece. When I was finished, I'd get stash as payment or a gift or I'd just not feel like going back to the original piece, and move on and start another one. This would start over and over, and that's how I ended up with so many. The problem now is, it's hard to focus on one piece and an obligation piece is just as difficult, because I want to lay that aside for something more fun. This has become a really bad habbit, and something I'm breaking now. Does anyone else struggle with this?

Sitting down yesterday with my Cherub was hard. I didn't want to stitch it and wanted to move on. However, after forcing myself to pick the needle up, I really got into it, and didn't get to bed until late last night. Here's my progress as of midnight last night:



Today, I'm actually looking forward to putting more stitches in this little guy!!! :)

No comments: