Pages

Friday, February 09, 2007

Sock and Dishcloth Finishes

The Kool-Aid socks are finished! I can't believe how long ago I started them, but like everything else, being for me puts them low on the list of priorities. Honestly, I think the color combination is kind of cool, and now DD says she wishes I would have made them for her. HA! This is the same kid that HATED the combination when I first test knitted them. :) The pattern I used: Iowa Cruise Socks from Cottage Creations. I used Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool for both the main color and what I Kool-Aid dyed. My gauge was 5.5 stitches to the inch, and it makes a nice warm and comfortable sock.

I also have 3 kitchen knitted finishes to report. I joined in the February Mystery Dishcloth KAL (see sidebar for group information) and ended up with a nice Valentine's dishcloth. I found a cool dishcloth based on Elizabeth's Zimmermann's square baby blanket called 4-Corners Dishcloth. It's a neat pattern that really shows its stuff in varigated yarns. My last FO is a Circular Scrubbie. I used smaller knitting needles than called for (yes, I was too lazy to get the others out) and now know that looser is better on this pattern. No worries, though, as it will still be used. DD loves it and wants to make some for her hope chest.

No comments: