Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

FINALLY!! A post that is going through! I kept getting internal server errors every time I've tried posting since my last entry. I know my blog isn't the most exciting, but it must be worse than I thought when even the Blogger software rejects it! LOL

The pending holidays have kept us busy!! Packages come in every day from AC4C for the St. Anthony's Center. Here's a pic of the second load that went down this morning:



It amazes me how generous people are. All those packages have beautiful handmade items and/or purchased items to go for the Christmas Eve dinner and party that the Center puts on.

Well, our hunters didn't bring any venison home this year. Saturday was the last day for deer, so we'll have to wait until next year now.

I'm about 1/3 of the way on the sleeves of the LB Hooded Sweater for DD. I'm working them both at the same time. Seems slower going, but I like having them done together. No second sleeve syndrome that way :-) I'm also working on a large afghan/blanket for my brother. For the last couple of years, I've been swapping 6" squares to make a friendship afghan. I am now putting that together and have some of the verticle seams to stitch up yet, then the border and ends to weave in , and it's done. I put a black border on each square before stitching them together and it really makes the colors stand out. What a bright and cheerful blanket it has turned out to be!

This next week is going to be busy finishing all the projects I've got on the needles. It's amazing how fast time is going!!! I really love it, tho.

I was going through all my patterns and yarn plus other craft stuff and I made a comment to my DH that I really need to go on a pattern diet. That man just about laughed himself silly. "So you don't think I can go a year without buying a pattern?" and his response was "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" - sounds like a challenge to me.... So I'm on a pattern diet. Not a cent is going to be spent on a pattern of any type over the next year. I'll show that boy :-)

No comments: