Pages

Monday, September 22, 2003

I placed an order from the Frugal Knitting Haus on Thursday. I found 2 books I wanted to add to my knitting library and they were on clearance, so I HAD to order them. Well, today they arrived - and I'm stunned to say the least!!!

Oh? Did you say you wanted to know what I got? I'm sorry, I hate to keep you in such suspense, but I had to tell you how quickly they came :-) Anyhow, on to the contents of the package...

Alice Starmore's Fishermen's Sweaters and Debbie Bliss's Family Knits Both of which I am very pleased with. I've found quite a few sweaters I want to make. Both were excellent purchases (especially when I got them at a discount!)

I've been trying to decide what to give DH for Christmas. He's a tough one to make anything for, as he's not a sweater kind of guy, and I'm not sure how he's going to like the socks, so I really can't depend on that. I was paging through Schoolhouse Press's catalog, and found the perfect gift! It's a kit for a Swedish Dubbelmössa I have never worked much with color change, except intarsia, so the all over pattern and carrying the threads across the back interested me. I've been wanting to try a Fair Isle sweater for quite a long time, but have been quite skiddish on trying the technique on such a large project. This hat fit the bill for me. I'll be trying a few new things with this - it's a double cap - knit in the round and tucked into itself, plus I've never used Shetland wool. This will be a real treat for me and something that DH will be able to use.



I really like ordering from Schoolhouse Press. I get so much help and those ladies make it a joy to order from. They are so nice, and are very helpful. I ordered the cap, some Unspun Icelandic Wool to try, and a subscription to Wool Gathering I'm looking forward to getting this package and starting.

No comments: