Pages

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

The beautiful weather was just too good to last. It's been pouring here all day, and has chilled down to the 50's with colder temps forecasted for tonight.

In the spirit of the colder weather, I decided to pull out my 3-Cornered Shawl (an Elizabeth Zimmermann pattern) and a wheel of cream Un-spun Icelandic wool. I've been dying to try this pattern and yarn out, so I swatched and was amazed at how strong the wool is when it appears so delicate. This is a first for me using it, and also a first for doing the Cable Cast-on as well. What fun!!!!

Our group had a KAL for this shawl before I joined, so I'm trying out back projects using their tutorials. The group used Shetland Jumper Weight, but I wanted a nice warm shawl just like the one EZ did. I'm a cold person, and I need all the warmth I can get.

There was a wonderful discussion on the Knitlist recently about Schoolhouse Press videos, and that's all I needed to make a decision on purchasing them. I've been putting it off, not sure if they were worth the price or not. Well... after that discussion, there were no longer any doubts!!! I had order the Swedish Dubbelmossa kit a bit ago, then ended up having to wait for my needles to start. Well, I've been putting it off because I wanted to do the jogless technique that Meg has "unvented", but wasn't really clear on it. I decided today to buy the video that goes along with the kit. It covers a few things I've never seen before, so it will be a real treat to watch them being done.

I also ordered another wheel of Unspun, and the following Spun-Outs #8 Five Woolly Hats, #9 A Horde of Hats, and #13 Ponchos. I'm looking forward to getting this shipment and casting on my Dubbelmossa next week.

No comments: