Pages

Monday, November 03, 2003

What a gorgeous day today! The sun was shining and temps reached 70! The kids enjoyed probably the last nice day of the year. They're calling for 40's by the end of the week. I think winter will soon be here to stay.

As promised (but a bit late), here's a pic of the Ladder of Life Socks:



A great package from Dawn Brocco came today. I so enjoy getting new yarns! I ordered a few skeins of Bartlettyarn in spice heather and white, Reynolds Candide in crimson and Brown Sheep Handpaint Originals in Cream Puff. I also purchased her Sweatshirt Jacket for Women pattern. I can't wait to have time to make it for myself. I think it will make a nice jacket for spring and fall. I've also considered making her other Sweatshirt Jacket which is a hooded version and is a heavier/warmer jacket. She has so many lovely patterns though, so it will be hard to choose what to do first. I have a feeling I'll be buying a lot from her in the future.

I did ask the Knitlist about the curling on my shawl, and the response has been that the crochet edging will take care of the curling. That's a relief!

I ended up ripping out Curt's sock - it just wasn't coming out the way I wanted, so I'm starting from the beginning again. I went down a needle size and won't continue the 2x2 ribbing all the way to the heel. Right now I don't have any plans for it, so will decide on what to do after I finish the ribbing - the whatever the mood strikes me to do then.

I'm a bit bummed that the group that I was doing the Weekend Sweater with seems to have moved on to a different direction, and I don't have anyone to finish a sweater with. I only know of one lady that has finished hers, and she was the leader of the group - so she was working ahead of us. I don't need anyone to do it with, but it was fun while it lasted.

No comments: