Pages

Sunday, November 02, 2003

It appears we will be going to my brother's every Sunday for a while now. It's that time of the year when we cut wood and get ready for winter. Actually, this year we are a bit late, but the weather seems to be holding well.

I take it that we aren't the only ones late this year. The farmer that we get our pig from every year won't have them done until at least January. Usually we have it before Thanksgiving. It will work in nice if the guys get a deer, but will cause us to have to buy some meat at the market, if they don't.

Even though we were at the farm today, I still got some knitting in. I really wanted to work on the Weekend Sweater, but I'm at that point where I need to really concentrate as I'm adding the sleeves and then doing the short row shaping. If you haven't already guessed, I finished the second sleeve last night.

Anyhow, I settled for taking the Easy Knit Shawl instead. It's a simple enough pattern but I don't like how the point curls up. I don't know if the crocheted edging will fix that or not. Since I started at the point, I don't know how I'll be able to rectify it. Think I'll post to the Knitlist to see if others have had this problem.

No comments: