Pages

Monday, October 20, 2003

Great mail day today! My Frugal Knitting Haus order came, and I'm so very pleased with all the free patterns and with the Simply Socks book.



I love how the patterns can be used for more than just socks. There are a number of sweaters that are shown using the sock charts and they are just breathtaking. I haven't been able to look at it as much as I'd like, but I do know this will be one book that will be used a lot.

I'm almost down to the heel on my son's heavy wool socks. I didn't do much knitting today. Was busy doing applesauce instead. The socks are on my #9 needles, so I can't work on the weekend sweater until they come off. Maybe I'll do the cuff between socks, so I can transfer to my 16" circular needles. I'm so anxious to get that sweater done. I love how it's coming along, and it's been a real treat to work on.

The needles came for my daughter's poncho she wanted. I'll be starting that after the sweater is done. That should go very quickly as it's worked with 3 strands held together on size 15 and 17 needles.

No comments: